FRACTURED GAMING

Join the Community today and get involved in events, updates, and more!
FRAC News!
  • Stratis Gear Level Discount Donation Stretch goal has been added! Check it out in the Arma 3 forums!
  • Tanks DLC has been added to Stratis Wasteland! Please post any bugs in the Stratis bug section of the forums
  • Times running out! Vote on our next potential game server!

SOOOOO

I've promised it. I've delayed it. I've killed it, and Revived it.

Finally...FINALLY we have a test server active forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fractured Wasteland Malden!

The test server is currently locked and available for members who request access while I continue to look at configs, pricing, bugs, and missions.

HOWEVER

I will grant admins permission to whitelist individuals with good standing within the community.Please reply to this topic if youre interested in taking Malden for a spin, One of our Consuls or Admins will upon their consideration decide on if you meet the criteria to help test. Donkey/Outlaw I give permission to adjust gearlevels and cashflow as they see fit for testing purposes. all database accounts will wipe on official release once testing is complete.

See you on the battlefield!

Regards,

Shine

1 hour ago, Shine Dwarf said:

The test server is currently locked and available for members who request access while I continue to look at configs, pricing, bugs, and missions.

I would like to give it a test but I am technically just a guest and not a member, if that is what you meant.

So tanks came out, bless.

Due to recent ongoing bugs and updates, Malden has been set back a bit. Even so, I wanted to update everyone about where we are at with it.

The core of the server is done, with only really finishing touches and cosmetics remaining(map info, etc).

Below will be some of the main features of Malden.

-Stores, pricing has been upped a bit on everything vs stratis, money will be flowing in and out alot. This is to balance and reflect changes in gear levels, as well as maximum bank values.

-Stores, part 2. All heavy calibre sniper rifles and LMG's will not be directly available for store purchase. These items will be available from missions only, ammo will be purchasable in store at premium fees. Malden is a large map, and honestly its a snipers dream, so rather then a huge camp fest day in and day out. Players will need to work for their long ranged trophies, which will also put you as a target for players as well.

-Max bank Value. The maximum bank a player is allotted will be $5 million. This is in part to do with changes in gear levels,  as well as to balance out players spamming vehicles.

-Parking. Parking will be available for playing to use across the map. This will give temporary storage to their hard earned mission vehicles. 10k storage fee attached to each vehicle.

-Beacons. Due to the size, beacon counts have been doubled per individual player. Each player will be allowed 4 beacons set up at any given time. However I have also extended the cooldown on use.

-Gear levels...

This is the big one, Gear levels will run differently then Stratis. Each level will cost your max bank ($5million) to upgrade. This is due to Malden not supporting prestige and VA as endgame content. I decided on this due to the ongoing concerns surrounding VA, and its viability with a new server and a fresh start. Because of us removing this I've created a variable gear system which will be based on the class you select in the lobby.

The current classes are:

Combat Medic

Sniper

Engineer

Diver

Each class will have its own loadout and item perks specific to it as your Gear Level progresses. Each class will have upgraded gear for each single Gear Level obtained. If youre level 4 the loadout of each class will be updated to that level.

Thats it for the main updates and information for now. Will update further once things are sorted out.

Regards,

Shine

I love everything about this even the maximum bank account; the gear levels are really interesting and I cannot wait to try them out.

So assuming all goes well, I'm going to try to push this live late tomorrow morning. Bugs can be posted in the usual spot (Make sure to label as Malden), but I think we're at a place where I can confidently release without too many hickups....(Crosses fingers).

This means open access to any players interested. Details and I.P will be posted once live.

On 19/04/2018 at 2:53 PM, Shine Dwarf said:

its a snipers dream, so rather then a huge camp fest day in and day out. Players will need to work for their long ranged trophies, which will also put you as a target for players as well.

Our little test doesn't count as yours just so you know shine you little cheat.

Malden server is back up and running, with merged databases!

Store pricing, as well as store selection, and mission rewards will remain Malden specific.

Your bank and gear level are transferable between both Stratis and Malden. However Malden sports the updated class oriented Gear Levels. Each class, (Combat Medic, Sniper, Engineer, and Diver) will have their own specific loadout as your gear level increases.

Please post any bugs in the bug section of our forums.!

https://forum.fractured-gaming.com/%23id}-bugs-glitches-and-issues/?id=20

Here is the connection info!

192.154.226.220 Port: 2302

Enjoy everyone!

Regards,

Shine

P.S. For a limited time, carpet bombs will be 50% off ;)

Just a question about this server, I think storage is linked across the servers and some guns, (sniper riffles) are harded to get unless missions on Malden and figured i would ask first. can we put guns in storage on Strates and use them on Malden ? or will that be not allowed ? I don't want to unless i know for sure yet. 

I don’t think any action should be taken against those who do the server swap storage, until it becomes a problem. Sniper rifles on stratis have their place, but I want to see rifles removed on malden definitely. I argue however that those with VA on Malden can’t use the rifles? I don’t have it so I’m not sure if it’s allowed or not to spawn with a lynx on malden. 

6 hours ago, Vick said:

I don’t think any action should be taken against those who do the server swap storage, until it becomes a problem. Sniper rifles on stratis have their place, but I want to see rifles removed on malden definitely. I argue however that those with VA on Malden can’t use the rifles? I don’t have it so I’m not sure if it’s allowed or not to spawn with a lynx on malden. 

With the new way that VA is set up on Malden any rifle above 7.62 is blacklisted and will be deleted upon spawn. As of right now, storages are connected and from what I was told it seems like they cant be separated, although from what I've seen our guys do I don't think it'll be too long before they find a way to make that happen or a compromise is made.  

I would suggest that players not abuse our trust and bring items over from Stratis in the storage box that you cant get from the store, there is no way that we can monitor what is put in and what is taken out so it all comes down to trusting our player base and members to do what is right and if it does get mistreated a compromise will be made to ensure it doesn't happen.

7 minutes ago, Stinkysneeze said:

I would suggest that players not abuse our trust and bring items over from Stratis in the storage box that you cant get from the store, there is no way that we can monitor what is put in and what is taken out so it all comes down to trusting our player base and members to do what is right and if it does get mistreated a compromise will be made to ensure it doesn't happen.

There are ways we can monitor it. If I or one of the other owners, or consuls see it happen, you will receive the same punishment all glitchers get, just to be completely honest.

So, we are trusting you to not abuse the system, but dont see this as a "Oh the admins can't see me do it". We most certainly can.

ok, I myself wont do it. Thats why i wanted to make sure before hand, i will only use any sniper rifle or blacklisted item that i find on Malden

Something like buying APDS 12.7 rounds on Stratis, putting them in your storage, but not the rifle, I would be okay with that. That is because of the bug in the store that doesnt let someone buy APDS rounds at the gun store on Malden. It is a way of getting round it.

With the recent patch notes, I just want to mention how WORTH it, that I finally felt like doing missions like Enemy Outpost and Armed Convoy were. These missions dropped crates with high-caliber weaponry in them, something you could ONLY get from crates. This meant actually finishing the missions that nobody really does on stratis. I'm afraid people will only do smuggler missions, and hostile jet missions for the money you get from salvaging. As a player, I really enjoyed only being able to buy certain LMG's and rifles from the store. It made PVP and PVE more difficult, and the reward for doing "crate" missions was much higher.

thats my two cents. I really still appreciate all the work our developers do. I'll still play the server, however I thought this was the way Malden was going to stay. Change is always gonna be a little rough with people. Just want someone to tell me everything will be okay and give me a teddy bear or a coding duck. jk.

Dooooommeddddddd, and youre right it was the original and main plan. Unfortunately, due to various reasons we all felt this was the better choice in the end. With Arma's dwindling population, players are set in their ways, and while it would be fresh, the majority were too content with only worrying about their time on stratis, even if they had concerns about it. That along with the recent balances and changes made Stratis more viable even for newer players. 

So with that its come down to preference only on map size. Still I hope to see the Stratis population and new players continue to find more interest in malden it is a fun map. 

Time will tell

Shine.

P.S. oh right... *pats head and hands a stuffed Stinky* there there itll be ok